Laser Treatments Provider
Regina Anderson MD
Dermatologists located in Baltimore, MD
Eventually, everyone’s skin succumbs to the effects of aging, whether it’s age spots, fine lines, wrinkles, or dark spots. Yet, simple, easy treatments are available to turn back the hands of time. Chris Blair, a member of Dr. Regina Anderson’s staff, uses state-of-the-art laser technology to rejuvenate and tighten skin with minimally-invasive, nonsurgical procedures. These laser treatments leave your skin looking and feeling younger, healthier, and more vibrant. If you’d like to discuss laser treatments, call the office in Baltimore, Maryland, to schedule an appointment.
Laser Treatments Q & A
What skin conditions are treated with lasers?
An array of skin conditions are safely and effectively treated with lasers, such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Excessive redness
- Large pores
- Uneven texture
- Brown spots
- Acne scars
Each patient’s skin is evaluated and the best laser treatment for the condition is used.
Which laser treatments are available?
Miss Blair offers a variety of safe, effective, and noninvasive laser treatments, including:
- Laser Genesis skin therapy: Uses noninvasive laser technology to boost collagen production. It safely and effectively treats fine lines, wrinkles, large pores, and uneven skin texture, as well as diffuse redness and acne scars.
- Cutera® LimeLight: Uses a laser that operates at wavelengths that are absorbed by pigments in dark spots and small blood vessels. The heat destroys the pigment, which diminishes the appearance of the targeted area.
- Cutera® ProWave hair removal: Delivers laser energy at a wavelength that’s absorbed by hair follicles, which damages the follicles and prevents future hair growth. It treats a range of skin types, and the handpiece allows for treating large areas such as the legs or back.
- Cutera® Titan: Uses infrared light energy to heat tissues deep beneath the skin. It causes immediate skin tightening as the heat causes old collagen to contract, then it stimulates the production of new collagen. As new collagen grows in, your skin is further tightened and toned.
- Cutera CoolGlide: (ND YAG) Laser system that treats a range of vessels — from tiny spider veins to deep blue reticular veins — quickly, safely, and effectively. It works for patients with light skin and causes minimal bruising or blistering.
How long does treatment take?
It depends on what type of treatment you’re getting. It’s typically recommended to have multiple treatment sessions, although the specific number of treatments varies depending on the individual patient, treatment, and desired results.
What should you expect during and after treatment?
Noninvasive laser treatments operate at wavelengths that either pass safely through the skin to treat tissues below the surface, or that target specific structures, such as the pigments in hair follicles and blood vessels. As a result, they don’t harm your skin.
If you prefer, a topical numbing agent and cooling gel can be applied to your skin to help soothe any minor discomfort. Some treatments may cause slight redness, like a mild sunburn, but that goes away in a short time, and you shouldn’t need downtime.
We accept multiple insurances including those listed here. For further information, please contact the office.